An Excellent Blurb!!

6 Posts
5 Users
4 Likes
(@admin)
Member Admin
Topic starter

Hi Everybody,

Karin Lovold did a great job on narrowing down to a single story idea and producing a blurb that revealed the story.   I copy it here so we can all enjoy it.

In 1884, at age seventeen in Belfast Ireland, Amy Carmichael was dressed in her Sunday best and walking home from church with her siblings. A beggar woman staggered nearby to them, dressed in rags—even muddy rags around her feet for shoes. She was hunched over, carrying a heavy load of sticks. Amy knew the kind thing to do would be to help this woman with her load, and so she did. She and her siblings helped the woman walk through the alley. Along the way, they spotted others from church staring at them. Amy was so embarrassed she tried to hide her face. At this moment, God moved in her heart and spoke clearly to her, reminding her word-for-word of a specific scripture. Amy was sickened and ashamed inside at the embarrassment she’d felt, and it was a turning point in her heart and in her life. She never wanted to feel embarrassed helping another human being ever again. From that point forward, the poor, the suffering and the needy was front and center in her heart, and it set her on a mission and an adventure to help those in need that endured for the rest of her life, and still endures to this day.

This is going to be a terrific story. 😎 

Teresa

Posted : 28/01/2022 9:35 am
Alicia, Ezinne, Alicia and 1 people reacted
Topic Tags
Ezinne
(@ezinne)

It's a really great blurb. Great job Karin!

Posted : 28/01/2022 9:58 am
(@julius-m)

It is an excellent blurb. Great job!

Posted : 02/02/2022 12:52 am
(@admin)
Member Admin
Topic starter

Julius,  I'm so pleased to see you in the forum. This is a place you can ask questions about the style guide and how to submit story packages. Welcome, welcome.

Posted : 02/02/2022 6:01 am
Alyson
(@alyson)

Hello! Sorry, I'm late to the party. This is a great blurb. Well done, Karin! Can't wait to read the story! 

Posted : 09/02/2022 11:20 am
Brittany
(@brittanye)

Awesome blurb, Karin!  I bet the story is just as amazing.  Can't wait to read it!

Posted : 11/02/2022 9:40 pm
Share:

Join our mailing list to get your copy of the Novel Analysis Worksheet.

Learn more about the Novel Analysis Worksheet.

You have Successfully Subscribed!