Clear all

An Important Question for the Whole Team

8 Posts
6 Users
12 Likes
(@admin)
Member Admin
Topic starter

Our project manager Alicia cares very deeply about each writer and how writing for the project works out for each one. 

Here's her question to you:

What is the most difficult aspect about writing for Adorned Women so far?

We'd really appreciate it if everyone would take time to post an answer. Alicia is always trying to make this experience the best it can be. Let's help her by speaking up.

Teresa

Posted : 04/02/2022 8:45 am
Julius.M, Ezinne, Julius.M and 1 people reacted
Ezinne
(@ezinne)

Hmmmmm

Well this is a big one for me. Last year when my subjects were historical women, my biggest problems were getting more information about them, and getting the references right. It was a whole thing, and luckily for me, Teresa was patient.

This year, with Modern women, so far my biggest issue is scheduling. It's great interacting with the women, but I have to do it on their own time, not mine. That sort of reduces the excitement for me, but other than that, I haven't run into any big issues.....yet. Lol

Posted : 09/02/2022 7:25 am
(@julius-m)

Hi. Great question here.

First, I'd say I really struggled with identifying verifiable sources and properly documenting them.

Also, I found it hard to access single incidences of women from the past. Some have very little information out there.

However, constant guidance and patience from Teresa has been immense in understanding my roles. 

Posted : 09/02/2022 7:40 am
Alyson
(@alyson)

Hi all! I have also been so grateful for Teresa and Alicia's patience and understanding in this project. I really like the new email templates to send to modern women. I think the most difficult has been just learning all the rules and guidelines to follow. They are very clearly written out so I don't think there's much to be done but for me to learn them! I'm sure they'll become second nature before too long. 

Posted : 09/02/2022 11:16 am
Julius.M and Julius.M reacted
(@admin)
Member Admin
Topic starter

@alyson Thanks for that comment, Alyson. If you can think of some way I can make the style guide easier to read, I'm mostly ears and a couple of thumbs. [You know we eschew the use of clichés.]

Posted : 09/02/2022 11:34 am
Julius.M, Alyson, Julius.M and 1 people reacted
(@admin)
Member Admin
Topic starter

@julius-m Thanks for this comment, Julius. I think the single-incident thing is hard for a lot of writers. We can work on some ways of identifying those.

We can look together at documenting sources.  Any one else out there who'd like help with sources?

Teresa

Posted : 09/02/2022 11:37 am
Julius.M and Julius.M reacted
Brittany
(@brittanye)

Great question!  I think it was easier finding a variety of resources on the men, but with the women, there's not much to choose from.  That really limits what we can use and makes the search harder.  Still, I think it's well worth it in the end.  You never know what hidden gem of a story you might find!

Posted : 11/02/2022 9:37 pm
 Tom
(@tom-mitchell)

I have experienced similar issues to those noted by Julius. I have had to pass on several women for that reason. I have had some luck by finding references to others in the books and research material I am using for current articles. 

Posted : 14/02/2022 4:17 pm
Share:

Join our mailing list to get your copy of the Novel Analysis Worksheet.

Learn more about the Novel Analysis Worksheet.

You have Successfully Subscribed!